Monday, May 17, 2010

7 days out!

Well, we will be departing in 7 days! Wow! I've been reading "The Irresistible Revolution - living as an ordinary radical". What a perfect read in the weeks leading up to our departure. In the book, Shane Claiborne quotes Tony Campolo, who said...."Jesus never says to the poor, 'Come find the church,' but he says to those of us in the church, 'Go into the world and find the poor, hungry, homeless, imprisoned,' Jesus in his disguises."

I do believe we will see Jesus in the faces of the adults and children in the village of Namatala. My prayer is that they see Jesus in us, alive in us, reaching out to them and loving them! I pray that they would not even see "us", at all.

I pray Galations 2:20 over the team...."I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Matthew 25:36-46
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

Matthew 25:40
"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."


Grace and peace to you!!

1 comment:

  1. I read a blog called KissesfromKatie.blogspot.com. She is a single mom with 14 girls living in Uganda. She wrote a post a while back about how she spends most of her time with the Karmajong people. I thought it was so cool that you and your team will be going there also! You can go to her blog and read all of her amazing stories. She said that it is an understatement to say that she loves the Karmajong people! I came to your blog through Julie Jacobson's blog. I wish I could've read your blog earlier so that I could've prayed over your trip. I will pray for you now though.
    Mattie Patterson
    my Mom's blog is: allarepreciousinhissight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete